Rachael's Reviews > Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection

Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs

F_50x66
May 13, 12

Read in April, 2012

Jacobs is admittedly my favorite modern author - I've seen him speak twice and am a self-processed AJ fan girl. His latest book is an attempt to take on the health world - it is in-depth, absorbing and in some ways, life-changing, as his look at all the different fads and practices out there has made me reexamine my own health in many ways. However, the sheer ambition of this project necessitates that he has only even slightly scratched the surface of the subject (a problem he also had in The Year of Living Biblically). I also found that his loose set-up of a chronological examination of his attempts through different body parts, mixed with overall updates, was a bit dysfunctional at times. His other books have discussed his family life with his wife and kids in more depth than this one received, which disappointed me a bit. It also really bothered me that though it is clearly stated at the beginning of the book that he carried out over the project over two years, in several places he refers to his attempt as his "year." Seems like a big editing error to me that could get confusing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drop Dead Healthy.