JC's Reviews > Your Credit Score, Your Money & What's at Stake: How to Improve the 3-Digit Number that Shapes Your Financial Future

Your Credit Score, Your Money & What's at Stake by Liz Pulliam Weston

May 13, 2012

bookshelves: 11-12, kindle, freebies, my-firsttime, 2011
read count: 1

This was an excellent reminder of how stupid credit scoring can be and one number really can change a person's life. Their is a pretty in depth analysis of what the credit score is and how to improve it and what makes it move up and down but of course as is always the case - no one knows for sure. I worked for a law firm that dealt with helping people clean up their credit reports by disputing negative accounts and so I knew about 80% of the material in this book. I would say that it is must know information for anyone over the age of 16. I found VanityScores interesting as I'd never heard of those. It will be interesting to see if those take over the FICO score. I also didn't know that my insurance premiums are directly tied to my credit score. If so much of our life is controlled by the credit score, the credit reporting agencies should really have to be held more accountable. It's crazy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Credit Score, Your Money & What's at Stake.