Lindsay Townsend's Reviews > Lash

Lash by Tara Fox Hall

May 13, 2012

Read in May, 2012

I loved 'Lash'. (Yes, the title is apt and makes sense.) I couldn't wait to get back to the novel as I was reading it. The story has everything - adventure, love, excitement, muscular prose and above all a hero I could fall in love with and happily follow through his tragic, moving story.

Lash is a were-snake and an assassin. He was born a were-snake but circumstances caused him to become an assassin, as he and his much-loved family are betrayed and hunted, over and over. The story is set in Prohibition America and the addition of weres amongst the gangsters gives the whole novel great force and originality.

There are many twists and turns in this epic story and through it all Lash, the narrator, shines as a reluctant, modest, loving hero. Tara Fox Hall writes the male POV very well indeed and through Lash's eyes we see the glitter and grime of 1920s USA.

There are so many good bits in this story. Lash's care for his family and for women is particularly appealing. I really liked the idea of him 'cuddling' his were-snake baby sisters in his coils!

I shall certainly be looking out for more in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lash.