Amelia's Reviews > Stargazer

Stargazer by Claudia Gray

I thought Bianca was selfish. Really. Selfish. And infatuated with Lucas. Those are the two main reasons why I didn't find this any more enjoyable to read than 'Evernight'.

Truth be told, I only read this book because I don't like to leave a series hanging; I may as well finish it.

Okay, this is the book in a nutshell: Bianca had secret meetings with Lucas, finds out that her parents are lying to her, freaks out at them, gives them the silent treatment, and then runs away with Lucas.

Me: O_____O

Seriously?

She makes her parents the bad guys, which I think is uncalled for. Okay, so they lied. But picture this:

Mum talking to three year old Bianca: Honey, you need to know the truth. Your father and I made a deal with ghosts to we could become pregant with you, even though vampires and ghosts are mortal enemies. And when you're older, it'll be okay. The wraiths only want you to become their own, so all you have to do is kill someone and you can become a vampire like mummy and daddy, opposed to dying or becoming a wraith yourself. Isn't that fun?!

Is that what she honestly wanted to hear? She's gotta remember that her parents raised her lovingly for sixteen years, and just because of that (admittedly big) lie, she thinks that they've betrayed her and her trust and runs off with a guy who she met for ONE YEAR.

Sixteen years vs. one year.

And she trusts the guy more.

*Shudders*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stargazer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ms. Bridget I didn't even get to the wraith explanation..I was so pissed by page 275 I shut the book {and that was after skipping 80+ pages..then skipping another 15-20 pages...So, thank you for explaining that part...Because I surelly wouldn't have known that part...and I refused to try to read through anymore! gggrrr..lol

Now I can finally move on to better books...Well, what I hope are better books. :0)

I gave this book a 1...And that was only because they didn't have a "0"....lol...A little harsh? Yes! A lot harsh! And its rare Im this harsh about books..even ones I don't like! :o)

Amelia Bridget (Amarise) wrote: "I didn't even get to the wraith explanation..I was so pissed by page 275 I shut the book {and that was after skipping 80+ pages..then skipping another 15-20 pages...So, thank you for explaining tha..."

Ahaha XD I think I lost ten years of my life due to the hatred and stress that comes with this book.

I agree. There are better books to be read ;)