Michelle's Reviews > Stealing Breath

Stealing Breath by Joanne Brothwell

May 12, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog, dac-2012
Read on May 12, 2012

Stealing Breath starts in the middle of a scene. So you get thrown right into the middle of a story first off. It's not confusing or anything but it starts out with a big action sequence right away. That kind of sets the mood for the book. There is a lot of action with only a few lulls in between. So the pace is fast and there was a lot going on. I enjoyed Stealing Breath; I thought it was a good book.

Sarah is so unique and I loved learning about all the lore and legend that surrounded everyone. I do wish there was a little more background info on their town and their beliefs. She did seem to be a little too trusting though. It seemed like she just met Evan and in no time she was spilling all of her secrets to him. I, on the other hand, was a little more skeptical. Skeptical of Evan and of some of the elders that Sarah knew. She is this incredibly unique and special person, and she lives very close to all these spiritual and magical people. (one of them was even her best friend's mom) So I found it a little hard to believe that Sarah really had no idea about some of the mystery surrounding herself. But I still found Joanne's ideas fascinating. I loved learning about skinwalkers, and I'm sure there is still a lot that we have to learn. There were certainly some unanswered questions that I am interested in seeing in the next book.

Evan was really sweet, but I was pretty skeptical of him for a while there. I would love to hear other people's take on Evan, so if you have read the book please let me know what you thought of him. I felt like there was a lot of learning going on in Stealing Breath. Especially between Evan and Sarah. Evan seemed so accepting of everything strange and crazy going on, which was weird at first. But I really enjoyed the way they discovered more about themselves as individuals through their time together. They work well as a couple.

Overall, Stealing Breath was a good book. There was a lot of action and fight scenes, and there were very few slow moments. I was a little skeptical of some things and how they worked out, but the plot was really interesting and I am certainly interested in reading the second book to see where Joanne Brothwell will take the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing Breath.