Kapri's Reviews > Breaking Beautiful

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf

May 31, 2012

bookshelves: blog-reviewed
Read in April, 2012

I'm going to apologize in advance for this review, or lack thereof. Every once in a while I read a book and just have trouble putting my thoughts into words. I try to avoid reviewing books like this, but I can't with this one. But I'll try my best.

I did enjoy Breaking Beautiful. It was an enticing story of mystery and romance. It wasn't really what I was expecting, but I liked what I got.

Allie was very disconnected in the beginning of the story. And after what happened, who can blame her? It took a while to really get to know her. Although there were some decisions on her part that I didn't aggree with (one big one in particular), I did like her for the most part.

There were other characters that I really liked. Blake being my favorite. And I also really liked Allie's brother, Andrew.

While I did really enjoy this book, there was a...decision that was made on Allie's part toward the end that I did not agree with. What could be seen as selfless on Allie's part i saw as cowardly. I can't say what without spoiling anything. Everything turned out okay but the book wasn't as good in my eyes.

I did, for the most part, enjoy Breaking Beautiful. I was intrigued by the mystery and romance. I will be reading more of Wolf's works.

So, there's my kind-of review. Again, sorry if it's a little lacking!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Beautiful.