Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)'s Reviews > Caterpillar

Caterpillar by Kate  Oliver

Jun 06, 2012

bookshelves: arc, blog-review, blog-tour, e-reader, epic, misleading-cover
Read from June 02 to 05, 2012

Oh sweet baby Jesus. This was the BEST love story I have read in my whole entire life.

I did not know what to expect when I picked up this novel. But I certainly did not expect to be wooed. No sweeter words have ever been spoken and written as beautifully. I never dreamed the lifecycle of a caterpillar could be so poetic and yet this book is about so, so much more. This is a love story about girl meets alien. ….and fall in love…. an alien, with no physical form! Imagine that! Cara is from an international dysfunctional political family living her senior year with her college intern sister. The way the lovebirds journey into discovering LOVE is explored with a sense of innocence and wonder. I have never found myself saying, “I wish I was the girl in this book”, until now. Will Mallory….*sigh*….you make my heart flutter! I didn’t always agree with the actions of Cara. She was a bit naive and just plain stupid at times. Yet her humbleness was genuine and believable. When the plot was intense with action and secrets being revealed, it was super lovey dovey. That is not at all a complaint. Perhaps at a different time and place I would grumble about that tad bit, but this is written in matter that would have you craving more. I have never read an adult book or any book for that matter with the romance scale turned up this high and there not be anything sexually explicit. I need….no,no,no….I want more of this!

*Book provided via book tour. Tour Stop Courtesy of YA Bound Blog Tours!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caterpillar.

06/03/2012 page 3
1.0% "Very poetic start..."
06/03/2012
28.0% "oh wow~ this is very heart warming..."
06/03/2012
38.0% "ohmigosh this is....I don't even know what I expected...but this is sweet.....I loooove this story."
06/04/2012
69.0% "o__0 the cat's out the bag......"