Robert Aldrich's Reviews > The Omen Machine

The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind

Apr 21, 2015

did not like it
bookshelves: not-finished

Of the books I have read, there have been very few over the years that I have not finished. Unfortunatly, this novel is now added to that list. I tried, but as much as I wanted to like it, I found that I in fact greatly disliked the content and the story.

I only read about 350 pages of this novel, and I don't think I can actually force myself to continue to read.

I have been a fan of the SoT series for years, since the very first release of The Wizard's First Rule, and I have been a diehard fan of Terry's for just as long. That being said, I think that the story and characters that we all fell in love with have been betrayed in The Omen Machine.

There is nothing of substance in this book and the characters do not even feel like they did in the other novels. They are all a dull reflection of what they should be. The set up the story is weak and there are staggering moments of pure "WTF" being passed off as the prose of an author I had loved. If you are looking for a book about Richard and Kahlan, this is not it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Omen Machine.