Linda's Reviews > Loving Well

Loving Well by William P. Smith

F 50x66
May 12, 12

Read in May, 2012

What a powerful book, teaching us how to love like Jesus and the Father do even if we haven’t been! The author, William P. Smith gives a comprehensive review of love in his book, Loving Well: Even If You Haven’t Been.

As people, we try hard to love our neighbors, family, co-workers, and church family. Depending on how love was dysfunctionally demonstrated to you growing up, you more than likely will model the same type of love in your relationships–distance, resentment, silent treatment, avoidance, outburst of anger, etc.

The author brings us hope from God the Father through Jesus Christ. A relationship with Jesus Christ can help you overcome your destructive methods of relating by seeing in Scripture how God loves us. It also allows Him to help us love others like He loves us.

The book is divided into three parts:

Love That Responds to a Broken World–Comforting, Sympathetic, Struggling, Forgiving, and Long-suffering Love
Love That Reaches Out to Build Others Up–Partnering, Pursuing, Communicating, Serving, and Providing Love
Love That Enjoys Heaven on Earth–Welcoming, Humble, Celebrating, Peaceful, and Hospitable Love

I am overwhelmed (in a good way) for all the different lessons about and methods of loving that the author expounds on and what they look like. He is straightforward in each chapter, giving multiple examples to show you the destructive way versus the constructive way to demonstrate love.

This is a great resource book to keep on hand as a good reminder when one is stuck in a relationship. I’d recommend this book to every person living here on earth. It’s helpful to ascertain the different situations and how assimilate what you have learned.

Special thanks to Rick Roberson, The B&B Media Group for sending me a review copy in exchange for my honest review. No monetary compensation was exchanged.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving Well.