Gabbi's Reviews > Diva and the Frat Boy

Diva and the Frat Boy by Daisy Harris

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: top2bottom-reviews, series, gay-romance, daisy-harris, opposites-attract, siren-publishing
Read on June 10, 2012

4.5 Stars rounded up to 5

This is the second book I’ve read by Daisy Harris and I have to admit I’m becoming addicted to reading this author’s stories. Ms. Harris writes fast-paced books with interesting characters that live and breathe off of the written page. Once I started reading Diva and the Frat Boy, I was immediately swept up into the storyline and these characters lives.

As the president of Eta Omega Xi, Greg Sanders likes to believe that the fraternity he’s part of is tolerant of all people. To be a member of Eta Omega Xi, the members live proudly out as homosexual males on campus and they fight for gay rights and equality at the school and in their own personal lives. As a senior, Greg is about to graduate and so he’s ready to turn over his responsibility and get on with his life. For the past few months, Greg has been quite fascinated by Nathaniel Reece, who is a hopeful pledge in his fraternity. Because of Greg’s position in the fraternity, he’s kept his interest in Nathaniel on the down low, but he plans on asking the sexy and intriguing man out as soon as his fraternal duties are over.

Nathaniel Reece is a creative, fun and sexy man who isn’t afraid to flaunt his flamboyant personality. He’s out and proud and doesn’t care who knows it. For months, he’s been very attracted to the very popular and highly respected president of Eta Omega Xi, but he really doesn’t plan to do anything about it. Although, Nathaniel doesn’t apologize for who he is, he knows that there are some gay men who don’t appreciate his bold sense of style and sassy disposition. So, he’s a more than a little surprised when Greg starts openly flirting and making it very known he’s interested in him for more than just sex. Just as the two men start recognizing the pull of attraction that’s between them, both Greg and Nathaniel find out there are many people who do not like Nathaniel’s flamboyant nature, and do not believe they should be together. Are the feelings Greg and Nathaniel feel for each other strong enough to work through all of the prejudices and their own misgivings to find a life together?

I really liked this book a lot. Both Greg and Nathaniel are very unique and interesting characters. Greg pretty much does what’s expected of him and Nathaniel’s creativity and sassiness made them a very easy couple to root for. Even though they look to be total opposites, as the story progresses they find they do have several things in common and they really end up being a very strong couple together. I really appreciated how Ms. Harris did not shy away from the narrow views people have. Even in the gay community, not all men are looked at as equals, and this story does not sugar coat these issues at all. Although I loved Nathaniel, he’s not appreciated for the man he is, therefore, he’s looked down on from the very member of the fraternity he’s trying to pledge with.

Although I really liked the first book in this series, I enjoyed this one even better. I do believe that Diva and the Frat Boy could be read as a stand-alone book, but I still recommend reading the books in series order. I know I’m looking forward to reading more books in the Men of Holsum College series, and I’m highly anticipating seeing where Ms. Harris will take us with her next book! If you’re looking for a sexy, well-written romance with intriguing characters with an interesting storyline, this series is definitely a series for you!

Here are the Men of Holsum College series in book order:

College Boys

Diva and the Frat Boy
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diva and the Frat Boy.