Erin S's Reviews > Explosive Eighteen

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

F_50x66
May 12, 12

When I started this series, it was a light, easy, laugh out loud read. I would always go to this series between heavy, serious books as a way to pull myself out and lighten up. They were an absolute joy. Somewhere around book 14, it started going down hill. They have become formulaic, cheesey (enough with the fart humor, it's getting old)and the characters I loved have lost any resemblance to their former selves. Stephanie has gone from a woman trying something new and fumbling her way through trying to make it in a new career to just being a bumbling idiot with zero character as a human being. These men-if they are SO FABULOUS, why in the WORLD are they just waiting around for someone like Stephanie to choose between them? I'd be dropping her off on the other guy's doorstep, telling him he's welcome to her. It took me 6 months to read this book (that I preordered because I've loved the series so.) I kept picking it up and not even being able to get through the first CHAPTER. It was heinous. Time to get serious about this character or just let her go. She's not growing as a character, she's going BACKWARDS.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Explosive Eighteen.