Robert's Reviews > Darke

Nov 05, 15

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, flagon-s-dragon-shelf
Read from May 21 to 24, 2012

Roar! Flagon the Fierce and Friendly Welsh Dragon [see profile pic and other photos] here with my second Goodreads review. I reviewed The Other Wind last time.

Roar - so Robert really likes Angie Sage (he met her once) but I've gone off her a bit because of this book; there's a Pesky Dragon in it. (Angie Sage calls it a Darke Dragon but it comes to the same thing.) We Dragons have enough bad press already, without contemporary authors adding to it with their books with Pesky Dragons in! Roar! At least there is a Non-pesky Dragon, too and that Dragon has been around for several books in this series. But people mostly only remember the bad press when they meet an actual Dragon like me. We should all try to treat each other as individuals, though, and not assume folks are Pesky just because of malicious rumours! I'm much more likely to give you a cuddle than a clawing if I meet you!

Roar - but the rest of the book was fun and funny, with Sage's usual collection of entertaining and somehow down-to-Earth-despite-all-the-Magyk characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darke.

05/21/2012 page 20
3.0% "In the first Septimus Heap book there's a minor character (a pet rock) named after a Radio 3 continuity announcer. In this book there is a spell that must be chanted for a minute without hesitation, deviation or repetition. Do you think Sage might be a fan of BBC radio?"

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Why are you talking about yourself in the third person? It's fun but I'm curious. Good review.

Robert I'm not; my friend, Flagon the Fierce and Friendly Welsh Dragon, who lives with me and listens/reads along with me, is. You can see Flagon in my Profile pic and some of my other photos.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Oh duh, my bad. I don't have a dragon but I do have an ADHD, hairy, impulsive, barking machine with bad breath who sometimes inserts his point of view into my reviews. His attention span isn't long enough to sustain a whole paragraph let alone a complete review though.

message 4: by Robert (last edited May 26, 2012 03:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Robert Flagon gets a more complete introduction here (after my review): http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...