Lina's Reviews > Darkness Before Dawn

Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

May 18, 12

bookshelves: girl-power-poison, lead-girl-is-backwards, not-my-type-of-book, paranormal-romance, sequel-bait-ending, teen-fiction-fantasy, ya
Recommended to Lina by: Fans of Twilight
Read from May 12 to 18, 2012

Thank you Harper Collins for sending me this book.

If I were a different person I probably would have enjoyed this book, but unfortunately this book did not fit my tastes in any way.

In this futuristic dystopian society in which humanity is reeling from a past war with Vampires that humans lost. As a result, a treaty was brokered between Lord Valentine, an Old Family vampire, and the humans. Walls were built in order to keep vampires out of cities, but in return humans were required to donate blood in order to feed the vampire population. Despite this vampires have been attacking people beyond the wall and the city's newest delegate: Dawn Montgomery is forced to play a cat and mouse game with the vampire who holds the city in his hands.

This book is filled with vampire cliches that I have seen countless times and does nothing really new with the concept. However, that would not have been such a disappointment if Dawn hadn't been such a dull heroine. It really frustrated me how she was helpless in every single situation and battle. If Victor hadn't saved her she would have been dead before the first 50 pages. I realize that she is human, but she has also been raised in a society trained to deal with vampires, shouldn't she be more capable of combat than she is. Not to mention her friend was a complete idiot.

Victor was just another bland love interest for me. Mysterious, hot and a vampire. Okay? The chemistry between the two characters was non existent and the fact that Dawn was also cheating on her boyfriend left a sour taste in my mouth.

Darkness Before Dawn brings nothing new or exciting to the Young Adult Vampire genre. If you are fans of Twilight, House of Night, Fallen and Hush, Hush this book is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Before Dawn.

05/13/2012 page 205