Jenn's Reviews > Boycotts & Barflies

1. The humor & antics
2. NO love triangles
3. No female angst
4. No drama to keep the 3 couples apart
5. The couples were able to get to know each other in real situations with out something messing it up
6. The couples didn't try to fight the attraction and/or push each other away
7. MOST IMPORTANTLY this book made me LAUGH and LAUGH and LAUGH and no crying whatsoever was involved

I couldn't put this book down, nor did I want to. Even when I tried to put it down for my book club I just couldn't do it. This book was a breath of fresh air. It had me literally in stitches laughing so much and at times so hard I had to put the book down to control myself. I realized that reading this book late at night in bed with the hubby sleeping wasn't wise as I couldn't control my laughter.

This book is ultimately about 3 couples who, in their own circle, are best of friends. The women swear off men for 6 weeks as they are having bad luck dating. They make a wager that who ever holds out until New Years with out giving in to their set of rules with a man, wins the money in the pot to buy a killer pair of heels for their first New Years date and bragging rights. The men are fed up with finding or being hit on by barflies at the bar they bar tend at. They swear off women, otherwise known as barflies, at their place of work. They are looking for nice/good women to date, the kind they can take home to mom. They make a wager and the last man standing in their bet wins the the tip jar that they are putting all their tips in. Both sets of groups eventually meet and the fun begins once this happens. All of the pranks, antics, conversations/jokes, ex-loser bad date stories, funny ring tones on each others phones and the loopholes the men find to try to date these women with out the women realizing they are actually dating are pretty entertaining and funny.

This book is told mainly from the POV's of Grace and Michael. Michael is swoon worthy ...Ryan can be as well.

SIDE NOTE: The book starts off at a tad slow of a pace for a couple of chapters as we get to know each person in each group. DON'T be put off by this. This book will pick up and keep you smiling, laughing and pretty happy and definitely tear free.
60 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boycotts & Barflies.

05/12/2012
25.0% "Book starts a little slow but once the guy group and girl group meet up ...the story picks up and then the funny antics and conversations and nicknames and cell phone ring settings pick up. I found myself laughing so hard during Grace's ex loser dates reminiscing, that I had to put the book down to get back under control."
05/12/2012
05/13/2012
50.0% "This book is just cracking me up! I love it. :o) I find my self trying to control the laughter late at night while my family sleeps so I don't wake anyone. The humor just comes out of now where and you unexpectedly laugh out loud." 2 comments
05/14/2012
74.0% "still loving this book and still laughing with it. I'm glad there are no love triangles. I'm glad there is no angst or drama to keep the 3 couples apart. The only thing in their way are their bets they have going, which the men have found loopholes to "date" the women but make it look like it's not really dating them at the same time." 1 comment
05/14/2012
84.0% "Whoa..I want to date Michael now. lol"

♥Rachel♥ This sounds amazing, Jenn! Great review. I'm definitely going to read this. :)

Jenn I can loan it to you if it's loanable. IF you don't want to buy it. Or which ever..lol Just let me know. And THANKS! I seriously loved this book.

Karen Jenn, great reveiw. Make sure you read Trust in Advertising too. I loved it and hope you will too.

Jenn Actually I just put that one down to read. :o) And Thanks!! :o) I kind of want to start this over and laugh all over again. lol

Karen I keep checking Victoria Michaels Goodreads page to see if she has added any new books, but alas, there is nothing new there. I would read anything she wrote based on the first two books. Your review of B&B has made me want to re-read it for sure.

Elizabeth (Blue Eyed Book Nerd) Great Review - moving this up on my to read list (:

Jenn Elizabeth- thanks. Did you ever read it??

Elizabeth (Blue Eyed Book Nerd) No ): I forgot about it until right now!

Dusti Starting this right now! Thank you for reminding me about it! I'll let you know what I think!

message 10: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Yes! Keep me posted. Every time I rec this book, it makes me want to read it all over again and laugh out loud at it too. I LOVE this book.

Kiesha Richmond Jenn....u hit the nail right on the head with your comment. It was everything I wanted to say n more. It's such a shame I can't find more books like this one. Thanks Victoria Michaels for such an AWESOME read!!

message 12: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Kiesha- sorry I never saw your comment until today, when I wanted to look at this book again. Thank you! I really loved this book and I wish there were more like it too. Sigh.. hard to find good reads these days.

message 13: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay This looks really good. I can't wait to read it. Great review Jenn! :)

message 14: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Lindsay wrote: "This looks really good. I can't wait to read it. Great review Jenn! :)"

This is what you should TOTALLY read next. I never have stopped thinking about this book and it never fails to make me laugh when I do think of parts.