Crystal's Reviews > Thigh High

Thigh High by Christina Dodd

Oct 02, 13

bookshelves: contemporary
Read from September 30 to October 02, 2013

You know...in truth, there were only a few decent people in this book: the h, the housekeeper, the day trader, and the female cop. The H spent a good deal of the book proving, much like his brothers did whose books I've already read, that the apple didn't fall from the paternal tree.

Actually, I'd say he came close to be irredeemable. The whole foreclose on aunties' house to force h to be his mistress thing just... no. Fortunately, the housekeeper publicly confronted him about using the old ladies that way and kept him from making a really bad decision.

The aunties... OMG. I'm not sure what in their demented minds made them think what they did would not have repercussions on the h. They just didn't get it. Even better, after everything was out in the open, they were pushing her to him. WHAT?!?!

And why did nobody do a background check on these boarders? I mean; renting a vacant house is one thing, but having strangers living with you? And you don't check them out thoroughly? Egads!

Amusement - the bank manager realizing just how badly she'd screwed up when she saw the news.

As an aside, during the time period these Heroes were born, it was not uncommon for single young mothers (like teenagers) to be pressured into putting the newborn up for adoption. The first one's mother got sent to family in Italy (where she met and married a count), so his being raised by his mom isn't too odd. The other two I've read about...?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thigh High.

09/30/2013 marked as: currently-reading