Valentina Heart's Reviews > Built 4 It

Built 4 It by Daisy Harris

May 30, 12

bookshelves: glbt, glbt-sf-futur-fantasy-paran, the-romance-reviews
Read on May 12, 2012

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

Dropping in the middle of a series is never fun, but enjoying the book anyway is saying something. With a hot Alpha male and a geeky scientist discovering the world together it really wasn't difficult to sit back and relax.

Kee is a stein, a zombie of a sort brought to life for the purpose of scientific experiment, but unlike the other steins there with him, he can think more clearly and as his friends disappear one by one, he sets on learning the language of the humans and saving them all from a terrible end.

Ben is an assistant to the scientist in charge of the steins and is in charge of all the dirty jobs, but the big alpha still holds a special place in his heart despite all of Ben's efforts to ignore the curious male.

From the start this story is sexually charged despite both characters being inexperienced and somewhat lost. Their attraction is almost palpable and that is something Daisy Harris really knows how to work with.

I liked Ben's sympathy and his ultimate decision to save the steins, but also his gentle side where he let Kee take charge despite being virtually ignorant when it came to the real world. I thought Kee's innocence was really well described and his wonder made me smile more than once. But even with all the praise, the story needed more development and more insight into the characters. I haven't read the rest of the series, but the little info I got in this book was lacking certain closure and the last jump to three months forward denied me the pleasure of seeing the MCs grow as a couple.

I was excited to read this book, and while not perfect it was good enough to make me glad I've read it. Hats down for a great idea and making zombies look just as sexy as usually only shifter alphas are.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Built 4 It.

05/12/2012 page 49