Rachael's Reviews > Neverdark

May 12, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, review-copy, reviewed, ebooks-i-own
Read in May, 2012

Disclaimer: The fact that the author provided me with a free copy of Neverdark in exchange for a review has not affected this review.

The experience I had in this book was fantastical. ln the middle grade fantasy genre, I know I can expect remarkable world building, charming characters, and entertaining plots. Combined with fairy tales (which I still may believe in), this book was definitely enjoyable for me.

The best part about this book is the world building and images. Sometimes I could imagine traveling the tree Fiera travels upon, watching them as they go on the adventure. I couldn't view the illustrations on my iPod Touch, although I was able to view them on my PC, and they helped further enhance the story (although the tale itself does not need any enhancing).

The plot was absolutely charming. I was reading this with my cousin, and my aunt was mad at me because she wouldn't go to bed and wanted me to keep reading. We literally had to drag her to bed, partially blindfolded, and then hide the Kindle and disconnect the PC for her to read. Hopefully that tells you how much children will enjoy this book.

I recommend this book to people who like fairy tales, or small children in need of a magical journey c:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neverdark.

C.S. Einfeld Thank you Rachael! "Woohoo!" ;o)

I'm so glad you enjoyed NEVERDARK and that you shared (?) it with your family.

I'll pass on your remarks re: illustrations to Aaron, you'll have made his day.

xx