Eunice Biblioceraptor's Reviews > City of Heavenly Fire

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

I finished it. I don't know what to do with my life any more. Feels like the end of an era for me.
I wanted to know how it ended but didn't want the journey to ever end.
Granted, it's not a perfect book, perhaps because the ending was a bit too perfect (in some ways) for the main characters, and Clare manages to give them all happy endings where all their problems are resolved a bit too conveniently.
However, although it made me sad, I was pleasantly surprised that (view spoiler).
And Sebastian: (view spoiler).

It's also really obvious she's setting up threads and plots for her next series, which I kinda don't mind because I NEED MOAR. And it'll be cool to see the characters from this book older, and not the main characters, in the latter series. Also all dem Clockwork Princess feels. <3
I need to re-read City of Lost Souls. It's been two years and I don't remember much. :(

***
It was torture waiting two years for Clockwork Princess even though City of Lost Souls came out a year before, to break up the wait. So now that Clockwork Princess is out and The Infernal Devices is completed, I'd hate to imagine the pain and anguish of waiting a year for City of Heavenly Fire oh wait I'm feelin' it right now.
And just the foreshadowing implied in the epilogue of Clockwork Princess MAKES IT SO MUCH HARDER.
I just can't even--.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Heavenly Fire.

Quotes Eunice Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Alec looked down at the shattered pieces in disbelief. “You BROKE my PHONE.”
Jace shrugged. “Guys don’t let other guys keep calling other guys. Okay, that came out wrong. Friends don’t let friends keep calling their exes and hanging up. Seriously. You have to stop.”
Alec looked furious. “So you broke my brand new phone? Thanks a lot.”
Jace smiled serenely and lay back on the grass. “You’re welcome.”

Cassandra Clare
“We shouldn’t,” protested Isabelle. “The Clave has a plan.”

“The Clave has the collective intelligence of a pineapple,” said Jace.

Alec blinked up at them. “Jace is right.”

Isabelle turned on her brother. “What do you know? You weren’t even paying attention.”

“I was,” Alec said, injured. “I said Jace was right.”

“Yeah, but there’s like a 90% chance of me being right most of the time, so that’s not proof you were listening,” said Jace. “That’s just a good guess.”

Cassandra Clare
“Magnus rolled onto his back and put his feet up on the arm of the sofa. “What do you care if Alec’s miserable?”

“What do I care?” Jace said, so loudly that Chairman Meow rolled off the couch and landed on the floor. “Of course I care about Alec; he’s my best friend, my parabatai. And he’s unhappy. And so are you, by the look of things. Takeout containers everywhere, you haven’t done anything to fix up the place, your cat looks dead —“

“He’s not dead.”

Cassandra Clare
“No killing,” Jordan said. “We’re trying to make you feel peaceful, so you don’t go up in flames. Blood, killing, war, those are all non-peaceful things. Isn’t there anything else you like? Rainforests? Chirping birds?”

“Weapons,” said Jace. “I like weapons.”

“I’m starting to think we have a problematic issue of personal philosophy here.”

Jace leaned forward, his palms flat on the ground. “I’m a warrior,” he said. “I was brought up as a warrior. I didn’t have toys, I had weapons. I slept with a wooden sword until I was five. My first books were medieval demonologies with illuminated pages. The first songs I learned were chants to banish demons. I know what brings me peace, and it isn’t sandy beaches or chirping birds in rainforests. I want a weapon in my hand and a strategy to win.”

Jordan looked at him levelly. “So you’re saying that what brings you peace … is war.”

“Now you get it.”

06/04/2014 marked as: currently-reading
06/04/2014 page 35
4.0% "all aboard the feelstrain to feelstown"
06/05/2014 page 85
11.0% "malec feels"
06/07/2014 page 141
19.0% "Hoooooly! Did GRRM possess Cassandra Clare's soul?!?!?! jfc" 2 comments
06/10/2014 page 241
33.0% "I called it! (The reason why Jocelyn used 'Fray' as a surname)"
06/11/2014 page 283
39.0% "'What's your point? Demons are just angels who make poor life decisions?'" 2 comments
06/14/2014 page 569
78.0% "'Last time you were starving, I gave you my blood. It was a little homoerotic, maybe, but I'm secure in my sexuality.'"
06/15/2014 marked as: read