Molly's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended to Molly by: April Schiff Pohren
Recommended for: everyone 18+
Read in May, 2012

Okay, I have a confession to make to start this review off. I cried. I cried for Ana, I cried for Christian, I cried just simply because I am so super pleased with this book from beginning to end! Now, yes, it's once again filled with kinky sex and lots of shocking truths, but it's a romance novel. It's going to have those things. It's more erotic, though, because James writes it out in detail to paint exactly what's going on between Ana and Christian. It's there to help the reader get a better understanding of the relationship and the happenings between the beautiful Ana and the amazingly sexy Christian. There. There's my confession. :)

I absolutely ended up loving book 1, but this one.....this one is just so much more than book 1. This one picks up exactly where book 1 left off, taken the reader right back to the middle of Ana and Christian's story. The pain and heartache is immediately gripping from page one. In Darker, we're taken on a journey of forgiveness, hope, longing, love and confessions.

Ana is still learning all about Christian but her Fifty Shades is showing different sides, some of which she likes, and he leaves her confused. When she gets the job at SIP that she's been wanting, things don't turn out quite the way she wants. Someone has crossed her path at work, and leaves her questioning things, things that Christian has done or said. Confronting Christian on that takes the book to a whole new level as a lives are endangered. Getting away with Christian while bodyguards search and protect them, Ana explores a whole new side of Christian. Things look up for Ana and Christian, but then Elena enters and threatens to change things.

When Ana meets Elena, Christian's ex-Dom, she stands up for what she feels is right, for both her and Christian. Not sure what to expect from Christian, she stands tall and tells him how she truly feels and when Christian asks her a question she never dream would come from him, well, she's got a lot to think about.

I'll stop there for I'll give spoilers away. This is a book that is perfectly blended with kinky romance, gripping suspense, and heartwarming revelations and I will tell you that you need to read this. Read the messages that flow between the lines, and get lost between the pages. It's not all about the sex, or the kinkiness. There is so much more. There's love, trust, overcoming darkness and moving on, letting demons go and embracing life in a way that makes you happy. I definitely, once again, rate this with 5 Books and so much more. It is for on my Kindle, and I am looking forward to book 3, Fifty Shades Freed, though I'm sure that one will be a bittersweet ending, as I don't want to let this amazing love story go.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.