Kit's Reviews > Naamah's Blessing

Naamah's Blessing by Jacqueline Carey

May 15, 2012

liked it
Read from May 11 to 15, 2012

Again, strangely enough, I read these books because they travel all over the world, and I cannot afford to, and thus live vicariously through the descriptions of the different settings. Yay, we got to travel through South America in this one, I believe in the Andes, huzzah!

Friend and I figured that everyone came down with malaria, and Shahrizai's eyes were jaundiced, but you can in fact get jaundice with malaria. It would have driven me bonkers if I couldn't figure out their disease. I'm weird like that.

I was passing fond of the Nahuatl (Aztec) emperor, he was neat.

Everything coming full-circle with Raphael using his ant language gift for terrible evil I thought was well-done. It was a good finale for the series and a good ending to what happened with Raphael in the first book of this trilogy.
While I love this series for their traveling, I do hope this is the last of all the Kushiel books. I have no idea where they'd travel to next (Australia? Malaysia? Hawaii?) or what plot the author could come up with. Still, I'm sure I'll read them if they do happen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naamah's Blessing.

05/11/2012 page 120
20.0% "well, I read these books actually for the descriptions as they travel all over the world. I love these characters experiencing new cultures and new landscapes. so! moirin is going to terra nova, so I am pretty sure I will not be disappointed."