Ulina's Reviews > The DV Rebel's Guide: An All-Digital Approach to Making Killer Action Movies on the Cheap

The DV Rebel's Guide by Stu Maschwitz

Nov 07, 14

bookshelves: video-filmmaking
Read from May 11, 2012 to November 06, 2014

I almost didn't finish this book. Not because it is a bad book, ... maybe a little bit because of the jokes*, but because I felt a lot of the information that was given in the begining and middle of the book did not pertain to me (or I should say what I currently want to learn). The book goes over the whole process of making a film from start (staff, actors, locations) to creating a master. The book also goes into a long section/chapter(s) about using guns or replica guns. I am more interested in the visual fx and post processing aspect of filmmaking. I am glad I finished the book because the author did finally get to editing and onlining films. The sections/chapters are not as long as the chapters about choosing a camera and shooting technique, but they were very helpful and insightful. I feel I learned a lot from reading this book and would recommend it.

* Sometime, I feel like when books try too hard to be funny, it makes the content outdated and too annoying to read.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The DV Rebel's Guide.

05/11/2012 page 1
0.0% "I don't know why i try to read so many book at once. I love reading and learning!"
05/17/2012 page 1
0.0% "7% done. I read the preface."
10/28/2013 page 144
29.0% "So far, I really like this book. very informative."
06/28/2014 marked as: need-to-finish