Lori's Reviews > Dark Taste of Rapture

Dark Taste of Rapture by Gena Showalter

May 11, 12

bookshelves: outerspace, paranormal-adult
Read in May, 2012

I read this book because I thought it looked interesting on the shelf and who can pass up a book with a beefcake for 5.99. Yes, even though I own a kindle I still buy hardcopies of books. I'm NOT a romance fan. At all. If I read the words throbbing member, torrid dick, pulsating cock, hard rod, stiff beef jerky, etc. I tend to run and hide. However, I could not put this book down. Not because the characters were irresitable (although I was cheering for them) but because it cracked my shit up. OMG the part where he throws the hooker out and won't let her give him a bj was hilarious. Then he discovers he can masturbate without vaporizing his dick off!!! I DIED!!! I mean it. I still crack up thinking about it. I tell my friends about it.
Really the rest of the book is full of horrible hard t-bone steak and squishy booby phrases that made me LOL too. Nothing will ever beat Hector masturbating for the first time in his life. That is why this gets 4 freaking huge stars!!!! It made me laugh! I am sure Ms. Showalter is a great writer if you are into stiff beef jerky pounding delicate moist rose petals. It's just not for me. Maybe I should try romance without the paranormal aspect.
I do want to read her YA novels. They seem more my style.
*NOTE* None of the phrases above are actually in this novel. I just think stiff beef jerky is a funny way to say erection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Taste of Rapture.