Nora St Laurent's Reviews > Forsaken

Forsaken by James David Jordan

Jul 09, 15

Wow!! I found myself holding my breath at the end of the book. I couldn't read the suspenseful story that was unfolding fast enough. It was definitely a page turner and something I had to finish before I went on with anything else that day. I have to tell you that from the start I was reluctant to read this story because it was about a televangelist. I didn't know where James Jordan would go with this story, and I was not sure I wanted to find out. I gave the story a shot and it immediately grabbed me as I got to know Taylor Pasbury and how she become a Secret Agent. The story is action packed but also full of deep relational issues. I loved that about this moving story. It was exciting but very deep and contemporary. I loved that the author made the televangelist have a heart and that he struggled with the right thing to do in the present, as well as with past decisions he had made in life. It wasn't all about the money or the show being on TV. I also loved that this story was told through the eyes of Taylor Pasbury, a woman struggling with life and someone that away from the bible. She watched everything the church people did. I found it quite interesting and a refreshing twist.

Taylor Pasbuy says this "..Dad had told me that the best battle plans weren't worth the paper they were written on once the shooting started. I guess he was right. There is nothing worse than being alone. Nothing. Just for once in my life I want to be good enough. That's all I want is to be good enough." That was her struggle along with many other things.

This story got my attention and never let it go. I definitely wanted to read more by James David Jordan - luckily I can (and so can you). His first book is called "Something that Lasts". I'm sure it's just as good. I loved this story and the heart of the story teller. This is a story worth checking out.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network
The Book Club Network blog
Book Fun Magazine

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forsaken.