Stacia's Reviews > Crescendo

May 28, 2012

bookshelves: re-read
I own a copy , read count: 2

4 out of 5 stars!

I love the Hush, Hush series! It's really turning out to be one of my favorites. The way Fitzpatrick portrays Patch is like nothing I've ever read before. Really. Most authors focus on their "angels" doing good deeds to get back into the heavenly grace of God, but Patch is determined to just... live.

In the second installment, Crescendo left so many unanswered questions! It left us with a huge cliffhanger, and I couldn't read it fast enough.

We follow Nora and Patch through the deep, dark secrets of Nora's past. She starts digging deeper and deeper into the realm of Nephilim, and Angels. All the while, Patch is starting to pull away from her. He becomes stand-offish, and gets dragged towards Nora's "enemy", Marcie. While Nora is hurt, and wonders why Patch would be around Marcie, she pushes it aside, and busies herself in the task of hunting out the secrets of her Father.

Did her father really die the way she was told, or was it something else, all together? She starts seeing flashes of him. She starts putting pieces together that seem to fit, but she isn't sure. She can't tell her Mom anything, either.

As she digs, she starts to wonder about herself. Why is she always in some kind of danger? Why is everything always crashing around her? What's the deal? She's determined to find out. Even if Patch won't help.

Even if he doesn't even want to look her way, anymore.

I thought Crescendo was a great second installment. Yes, some parts really went slow, and I just wanted to skip them, but they were totally necessary in the development of the story. Yes, Nora was whiny in some parts, but she made up for it, by doing her research. She didn't let her love and hurt for Patch, get in the way of her goal. She is commendable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

Quotes Stacia Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I love you, Nora. Whatever happens, promise me you'll remember that. I don't care why you came into my life, only that you did. I don't remember all the things I did wrong. I remember what I did right, I remember you. You made my life meaningful. You made my life special.”
Becca Fitzpatrick, Crescendo