Giridharan's Reviews > The 3 Mistakes of My Life

The 3 Mistakes of My Life by Chetan Bhagat

May 13, 12

Another flopper from Chetan Bhagat. Things that are considered taboo in India are written without any hesitation claiming that is the reality. Why do authors always look at negative India and develop their plots around such things? Such ingredients are fast - becoming tools for effective marketing among readers.This book traverses the life of three friends Govind, Omi and Ish trying to make their lives a success, with what they like and know the best, cricket.

Vidya, the love - interest of Govind is Ish's sister.The way Govind approaches Vidya and their subsequent developments in their romance makes you throw the book and scream,"All guys are not like that".The worse portrayal of a character Ii could ever imagine. To look at the few positives, the present condition of the heart of India is well brought - out. Communal and religious riots , thugs with dangerous weapons, murders - they all happen like morning breakfast.The religion parts are contrived, the way Bhagat examines the Hindu- Muslim problems, the Ayodhya issue etc, is pathetic. And the three mistakes - well thats just a way to make readers grab the book.After I finished the book, I don't even remember what the three mistakes are!To be honest, its just worth a Bollywood entertainer.

The worst book from Chetan so far.Waste of time! Please do not read this book unless you don't have any other choice.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 3 Mistakes of My Life.