Elizabeth (Liz)'s Reviews > One Wrong Move

One Wrong Move by Shannon McKenna

Aug 27, 12

bookshelves: ebook-read, ebook-netgalley-read, romantic-suspense-read
Read on August 10, 2012

One Wrong Move is great romantic suspense!!

Alex Aaro, heir apparent of his Ukrainian mafia family, has made a life for himself separate from the chaos and pain his father's business causes. However, he returns to New York upon hearing that his beloved Aunt is dying, if only to be able to say goodbye. As soon as he lands, he finds himself in the midst of a call-out for help from Bruno Ranieri. Bruno's wife's best friend is in dire straits and needs Aaro's help immediately. Torn between family and a request for help from a friend, Aaro eventually gives in and heads straight into a life and death adventure with social worker Nina Christie. Along the way, he discovers a passion that is not easily denied.

Social worker Nina Christie has been injected with an unknown drug, most disconcertingly by a close family friend. In addition, there are ruthless criminals tracking her every move who will stop at nothing to get rid of Nina. She is desperate and reaches out to her best friend for help. Now, the frightened but determined social worker not only has a group of mind-enhanced and murderous criminals after her, but Alex Aaro as well. The only difference? Alex is on her side, and is the only thing standing between her and certain death. The surprising passion she feels for him takes her breath away. But, while she trusts him to protect her, can she trust what she feels for him as well?

This is a fun, sexy, fast-paced, exciting read from one of my favorite authors, Shannon McKenna! The characters are well developed, and the story, as usual, is very interesting and well written. Alex Aaro is a fabulously sexy, brooding alpha male, and Nina Christie, as his counterpart, is smart, sassy and a little bit vulnerable. They are a terrific combination, and the sparks leap off the page from their first encounter. These two have quite an adventure together throughout the course of this book, in bed and out!

Shannon McKenna always delivers with her trademark sensuality, suspense and just the right amount of edge. This book is certainly no exception!

4 Stars!

**The release date for One Wrong Move is September 25, 2012.

***My thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Publishing for the opportunity to read this early.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Wrong Move.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Awesome review E! You know I still haven't started this series?! Sad isn't it?

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla Nicely done Elizabeth! I've only read one book by this author and I enjoyed it very much.

Elizabeth (Liz) Wendy wrote: "Awesome review E! You know I still haven't started this series?! Sad isn't it?"

Yes, yes it is sad;) Jeez, start reading it already, Wen!!

Elizabeth (Liz) Karla wrote: "Nicely done Elizabeth! I've only read one book by this author and I enjoyed it very much."

Thanks Karla!

message 5: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne Fantastic review Elizabeth!

Elizabeth (Liz) KatLynne wrote: "Fantastic review Elizabeth!"

Thanks KatLynne:)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review, Eliza! You know I miss my Sean. *sigh* Will read this book as well...eventually.

Wminbc Wendy wrote: "Awesome review E! You know I still haven't started this series?! Sad isn't it?"

What??? You need to read this series!!! I love her!

Elizabeth (Liz) Baba wrote: "Great review, Eliza! You know I miss my Sean. *sigh* Will read this book as well...eventually."

Thanks Baba;-) Sean.....sigh:)

Elizabeth (Liz) Wminbc wrote: "Wendy wrote: "Awesome review E! You know I still haven't started this series?! Sad isn't it?"

What??? You need to read this series!!! I love her!"

I agree, Wen, you need to at least start this series SOON!!