Cathy 's Reviews > Mistborn: The Final Empire

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

Dec 05, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, read-in-2011
Read from December 03 to 06, 2011, read count: 2

I was so excited to get the new book, The Alloy of Law, from the library just after it was released, but as I started to get into it I realized that I could barely remember the original trilogy that got me so excited about the book in the first place. So I reluctantly returned it and reserved the first three books to re-read again first, I really wanted to be able to experience the depth of storytelling that I knew that Sanderson would be applying to the book. And I'm glad I did, this book was great the second time around. There is so much going on with the system of magic, politics, history, religion, the terrific characters, tons of action and more, that it was really fun to see it all reveal itself again. I remembered just enough to know what to pay attention to and to absorb the details, but there are so many layers that I wasn't at all bored. Of course now I'm really hoping that that book comes back to me quickly!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistborn.

12/03/2011 page 78
12.0% "And I'n totally caught up in it for the 2nd time, such a fantastic premise."
12/03/2011 page 233
35.0% "Ah ha, I just remembered the big, huge major twist that happens at the end of this book."