Luann's Reviews > Dragonsblood

Sep 14, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: 2008, adult, science-fiction
Read in September, 2008

At first I felt that Dragonsblood wasn't nearly as good as any of the other Pern books, including Dragon's Kin, which is the one combined effort of Anne and Todd McCaffrey that I've read so far. I liked a lot of the details and story that Todd chose to tell, but it just didn't flow as smoothly as the other Pern books.

In the beginning of the book, I struggled with keeping the characters straight. Also, the constant jumping between time periods interrupted the flow of the storyline for me. Things really started to pick up about half way through the book, though, and I was absolutely engrossed for the last 150 pages or so. Some great connections to previous books are included. Just one small example - did you ever wonder about the dragon and dragonrider who were found at Benden Weyr entombed in solid rock?

I definitely recommend this for all fans of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series! Overall it isn't quite up to the standards of Anne's books, but very close and definitely worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonsblood.