Erica Chilson's Reviews > Confessions of a Whore

4182064
May 11, 12

bookshelves: 5-star, digital, erotica, episode-series, reviewed4author
Read on May 11, 2012

This review was posted on Wicked Reads: This includes the reviews of installments 1-3

The London Brown series is broken into installments or, rather, episodes. Episode #1 introduces the reader to “The Whore” London Brown, the alter ego of Desniah Williams- A 26 year old, affluent, black woman.

London Brown #1 Confessions of a Whore

The reader is immersed into the ways of an escort as London meets with a client. Their encounter gives us a glimpse into past hurts that shaped their very lives. I will admit it was difficult for me to get into this installment until I was used to the writing style. Halfway through I was thoroughly engrossed. By the episode’s conclusion I was hooked. I give props to Leila DeSint on her concept of short episodes instead of a full length novel. I was eager to start the next episode.

London Brown #2 Confessions of a Whore

This episode still features “The Whore” London Brown with the exception that we finally see her thinking of herself in third person; a true separation of London Brown vs Des. We watch as London enjoyed hedonistic delights with a pair of clients, Kees- a sadist dominant & Ivo- I assume is Kees actual slave(submissive). I enjoyed the trios interaction, showing rather than telling us about bdsm. At the end of this installment my curiosity was piqued. I wanted to know what was happening with CJ(Caden the 4th), what created the psychological break in London/Des, and hoping that in the future we enjoy Kess&Ivo’s company again. I have a theory on the pair. I will not share my thoughts on this. My intuition (storyline radar) is never wrong. ;)

London Brown #3 Confessions of a Politician

The episode features “the Politician” Caden Jacob Carrington the V- previously the client from episode 1 and the object of London/Des’ thoughts. The reader watches as Cade tries to win the affections of Des. Des is the personality that is in command of our female protagonist. The separation of the “personalities” intrigues me. This installment gives the most background for our tortured characters. I won’t go into detail to avoid spoilage. The underlying premise hooks you while the connections of the characters draws you in and the steamy scenes cements your need for the next installment.

I am excited to read the 4th installment: Confessions of a Philanthropist, where we meet Rhys Christos Edward Stowell. I am curious to see what this character brings to the story. The London Brown series is reminiscent of a steamy soap filled with twists, turns, intrigue, and not your average sex- Kink & wicked things…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Whore.