Inga's Reviews > The Guardian's Wildchild

The Guardian's Wildchild by Feather Stone

May 11, 2012

Read in May, 2012

My review:

The Guardian's Wildchild by Feather Stone was a surprising book for me. It was well-written, the characters were likable and the plot was captivating.

Regarding the plot:

The very beginning of The Guardian's Wildchild caught my attention right away and that is always a good start. You get the picture of a very different Earth, where military runs almost everything. if you don't like ti you are punished. The setting was compelling and well-described, so the author did a very good job with the world she created.

Sidney is a Guardian and she is captured to be sentenced to death. The impossible happens and Sidney falls for the very man who has to execute her and she struggles with her feelings. The fact is, that she cannot deny the increasing attraction towards Sam.

The story is about good versus evil, Light versus Dark, about love and trust. I truly liked the story, but there was one thing which disturbed me and that is due to my expectations to the genre. I expected and paranormal romance, but, the story is mainly about the mystery for me. Yes, there was a romance, but not enough for me. The mystery part of the story was well thought through and had lots of twists and turns, which definitely makes The Guardian's Wildchild to a very good book.

Regarding the characters:

I loved Sidney.Even though I couldn't relate to her personally, she was an interesting character. She was strong and sweet. Sam's character surprised me a little. He was somewhat tormented and dark person who had lost his hope, but Sidney balances him and makes him believe that there is still ways out.

Generally:

The Guardian's Wildchild is a genuinely good paranormal book and I would recommend it to people who love mystery, interesting twists and turns!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guardian's Wildchild.