Krissy's Reviews > Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly

May 11, 12

it was ok
bookshelves: historical
Read in May, 2012

I was curious about this book because I'm interested in the subject and I had heard people say it was really great and reads like a novel. So, I borrowed it from my Step-Dad who reads mysteries and thrillers like Grisham all the time. I never read stuff like that. He said it was great. I think the book is made for people like him.

I am in no way a fan of Bill O'Reilly, but like I said I was curious. The book is okay. I mean the story is fascinating on it's own, of course, and Reilly (and his co-writer, who might as well be a ghost writer)are sufficient at telling it.

There were lots of things I learned from this book that I didn't know. Facts. But, there are other things in there that are speculation and fiction and it would be easy for a person to assume it's all fact. Stephanie's review below is a perfect representation of how I feel about it.

Reilly uses a lot of dramatic last sentences like: "By this time next week, he would be dead" over and over again. It is effective at first, but then gets cloying and you know, we can figure that out, dude.

As is usually the case when people in the media go on and on about something - this is not that great a book. However, I did like that it centered on the one week or so before and after the assassination. That made it a quick read and again, if you know little about it or had forgotten a lot about it, it is definitely interesting. But, borrow it or check it out. I would really rather not give the guy any more money.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Lincoln.