Heather's Reviews > Abundance, A Novel of Marie Antoinette

Abundance, A Novel of Marie Antoinette by Sena Jeter Naslund

Dec 26, 08

Read in December, 2008

This book took me sometime to get through, because of the holidays. I'm glad I stuck it out. I have been wanting for some time to read a book on Marie Antoinette, and although this is a fictional book, I feel that I have an insight to her life.

The writing style feels to be very true to that of the 18th century. There were many words that I didn't understand but didn't take the time to look up in the dictionary and still feel I followed what was happening.

I can understand why Marie was considered a 'floozie'. Even though this book was to be from her point of view, Sena Jeter Naslund still added in the aspect of the other men of her life. Marie Antionette had several close male friends.

This book is good for a long quiet weekend, or full week, by the fire.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abundance, A Novel of Marie Antoinette.

11/18/2008 page 50
11/30/2008 page 187
34.31% "I'm really getting into this book. It was slow at the beginning but I am really starting to feel like a part of her life."
12/22/2008 page 462
84.77% "This book is taking me forever, but I love it. I like feeling like I'm seeing the story from her point of view. She doesn't seem so bad now." 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…