Randy's Reviews > Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles: The Authorized Adaptation

Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles by Dennis Calero

May 14, 12

bookshelves: graphic-novels, may12, science-fiction
Read from May 11 to 14, 2012

Leaving the earth and journeying to Mars has been a long time dream of humanity. In these stories, by classic sic-fi writer, Ray Bradbury, the drawings bring to life what his words have done for half a century. The stories still haunt as the earth people come into contact with the indigenous beings that live on Mars, and then gradually push them out of the way. The lessons learned on earth, the willingness to sacrifice others to gain what you want...they travel with the space men.

I picked this book up because I have been a Ray Bradbury fan ever since I first read "The Veldt" when I was about 10.

I finished it because I was trying to remember the stories from the original collection.

I would recommend this to Steven, he is always looking for a challenging read, and while this was not difficult, the themes are very interesting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles.

05/11/2012
5.0% "I remember reading the book, so a graphic novel version sounded interesting. I wonder how it will compare?"
05/14/2012
70.0% "I am remembering a little bit of some of the stories. They are so different from the way Mars and other planets are portrayed in Sci-Fi, today."