Miki's Reviews > Rescue Me

Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson

Jul 23, 2012

it was ok
Read in June, 2012

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Shame on me!!!! Because I liked this writer's first two books a lot, I keep falling for the next one. And the next one and the next one. And I keep getting fooled. This one is no different from the last dozen or so. I usually like, or at least try to like, the characters in the books I read. The people in this book have nothing going for them except looks. And sex. That's all they seem to think about, talk about, care about, act upon, and base every decision on. Then they get an attack of .... what? Conscience? Remorse? I don't know, but that is supposed to transform everything into LOVE? The two main characters of Rescue Me have nothing in common, yet because they are good in bed together, they "fall in love"...in the last chapter, no less, and end up going to bed...again.

I really get tired of women ogling male "packages", men basing character on the size of female breasts, both wanting only one-night stands, and everyone running away when one or the other expresses something beyond "give it to me, baby!"

I do not object to sex in my reading material, I just like to have a story attached to it. Call me picky.

No matter what you hear, or where this book is shelved, it is not Romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescue Me.