Kennedy K's Reviews > It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life

It's Not About the Bike by Lance Armstrong

U_50x66
May 11, 12

Read in May, 2012

It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life was a good interesting book that makes you keep wanting to read it instead of stopping and putting it down. Lance Armstrong told his life story about his obstacles he had to face while going through the process of getting diagnosed with testicular cancer. He talked about wanting to deny the fact he had cancer and wanted to keep riding. It was hard for him to stop riding for a while, but he maintained to try his best to fight for his life and he explains what all he did to make sure God gave him another chance to get back onto his bike.

This book should me that no matter how hard something is in life that you should never ever give up. Even when life is rough and you think you wont be ok, you will be. "Life is just practice to face the main race."(Armstrong) If he can get through cancer, you can get through anything. This book shows a good meaning of life and how to get through hard intervening obstacles.

Overall, I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars because you the good life meaning and the story makes you feel good about yourself and it grabs the readers emotions on every page. However, the one thing I did not enough was the jumps from past to present throughout the entire book.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Not About the Bike.