Mandi's Reviews > Return to Labyrinth, Vol. 1

Return to Labyrinth, Vol. 1 by Jake T. Forbes

May 11, 12

bookshelves: manga, library
Read on May 11, 2012

A great sequel to one of my favorite movies. Definitely an interesting manga. It adds a couple of characters, like Moppet. I can't quite figure out what's going on with her though. You don't see her face at all in this volume. I wonder if she is a 'version' of Sarah that got stuck in the Labyrinth.

Toby is now in high school. Hates his mom. Sarah has moved out. He's not doing so great in school. He's a normal high school kid for the most part. One day he is working on a history report and when he has finished he prints it but it's not there. He turns around and there is a goblin running off with his report. So, he follows the goblin into the labyrinth. I'm not too fond of the way he got to the labyrinth.

As he is making his way into the labyrinth and towards the castle, he meets some new friends. He also runs into trouble and gets arrested by the goblin mayor. Jareth turns up and gets him out of trouble and takes him back to his castle with him. Jareth has a ball planned for everyone. At this ball, Jareth announces that his is giving up his throne and passing it down to Toby.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return to Labyrinth, Vol. 1.