Kellie Bingham's Reviews > A Raisin in the Sun

A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry

May 11, 12

I thought this book was just alright. When I looked at the cover all I could think about was how much I didn't want to read it. I am very guilty of judging a book by its cover. My least favorite character was probably Walter. It seemed like all he care about was money and he didn't really care about his family life. And I also thought it was very irresponsible for him to lose all of the money that his mama gave him.

One of my favorite characters would be Beneatha. I thought she had a fun and fresh personlaity and I agreed with her on things. Except for the whole no God thing. I found it funny that her and Walter fought all the time. It reminded me of me and my brother. I also like the boy that she had been seeing, Asagi I think. I thought he was very good for her because he helped her see all the good things in life instead of being upset about her brother losing the money. I didn't like George though because he was just a rich cocky black man and that's the last thing Beneatha needed to be around.

I hated the ending to this book because I can't even imagine what I would do if my brother lost $10,000. I would beat him up FO SHO. But I actually like how the family decided to move into the house in the white neighborhood. Those snobs are just going to have to deal with it! And its not like the Youger family are trouble makers. They're dandy people. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Raisin in the Sun.