Karen's Reviews > Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy

Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson

May 11, 12

Recommended to Karen by: mother in law and sister in law
Read in May, 2012

My sister and mother in law lent me this book as a sort of joke. I have not been a big fan of Stephanie's blog. I did tell them that I would read the book and planned on putting it on a shelf for awhile (especially since I had just shot this book down at book club earlier in the week). However, I felt drawn to the book. I didn't like the first third of the book, but felt like it was necessary to the rest of the story to see what kind of life she had before her accident. The second third of the book was captivating. I cannot imagine the loneliness, despair, grief, pain, etc. that she must have gone through. The last third of the book helped me to relate her experience to experiences that I am going through. Her ability to find the positive, to find joy in motherhood, and to choose happiness each day is a great example to me. I am glad that I picked up this book and gave it a chance. I have a new appreciation for Stephanie Nielson that I wouldn't have otherwise. Be warned, you will shed tears.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven Is Here.