Merely M.'s Reviews > Anya's Ghost

Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol

U 50x66
May 11, 12

Anaya was an average teenage girl who originally came from Russia but moved to America now with her mother and her little brother. Anaya tries to be as normal as possible to fit in at her school that she had to lose her accent to not get bullied. One average day, on her way school she decided to take a short cut through some woods while thinking about her problems, she suddenly fell into a very deep hole that led to meeting a ghost. Anaya was rescued but she accidentally took one of the ghost’s bones, so the ghost followed her. The ghost was nice and helped Anaya with her school and boy problems and became friends. The ghost learned a lot of Anaya’s generation that she became something else and tried to control Anaya’s life. Anaya was suspicious and wanted to get to the bottom of it so she went the library to learn about her history and story behind her murder and it completely changed about the way Anaya thought who the ghost was.

What really stuck out to me was that the characters were negative but so realistic because of there social generation and the graphics from the picture book was understandable and funny. Anaya is a typical teen age girl who I believe I would see in my school, because she seems so realistic. Maybe you won’t relate to this book because the characters are mature and full of sarcasm but it’s its also a nice book .What I like about this book was that it was full of suspense and it will keep you wondering about what will happen next. I recommend you this book if you are looking for something with suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anya's Ghost.