Shirley Worley's Reviews > Diamonds Are Truly Forever

Diamonds Are Truly Forever by Gina Robinson

May 11, 2012

Read in May, 2012

I received this advance reading copy through the Goodreads giveaway program, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my first time to read a book by author Gina Robinson. Even though I read mostly mysteries, this was my first 'spy' book, which was a nice change.

This book has everything that I enjoy in a good read; romance, mystery, lovable characters and a good plot. The husband, Drew, is a spy; his wife Staci is not. His occupation revolves around and depends on the element of deception. She can't lie to save her soul or his life, or so she thought. The entanglement of the two working on a mission together will show them whether to go through with their divorce or not. I also am pleased that the book gives an unexpected element of surprise at the very end.

I found the book to be a quick read, despite the fact it is longer than many books at 438 pages. The plot, the dialogue, and the action keep the reader moving along at a fairly good pace. I did have a bit of hesitantcy in the first several pages, and wondered whether to continue, but I am glad I did. Maybe it was the 'spy' thing, or the wording, or who knows, but I would definitely read another by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diamonds Are Truly Forever.