Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning by Mercedes Lackey

In quite towns out West the townsfolk have gone missing! Three unlikely strangers team up to figure out the mystery of where everybody went. How did they become ghost towns? Was it a sickness? Or was it zombies!?!

A perfect book for your picky early teen!

Does your youngin' hunger for zombies?

A tad bit too young to have him/her reading books that might make them scream and wind up in bed with you?

Then fear not Mom and Dad because Dead Reckoning is the tween friendly zombie book with this mother's Stamp of Approval.

After reading Dead Reckoning I found it perfectly suited for any 12+ child.

But what about those picky boys? Oh bah!! Don't even get me started on how picky 12 year old boys are.

Well, the story is set around Civil War times out west and there is a smarty pant girl that your son might not dig, but there is also a young indian tracker, and a girl who is all tomboy and even dresses as a dude.

And did I mention the guns?

THat's right!! The Indian and the Tomboy both carry guns!! OH! And they also drink booze!!! Pure awesomenss for junior!!

And on top of guns, booze, and the wild wild west we also have the most important factor of all... ZOMBIES!!!!

While this book isn't the next Hunger Games it does remind me of an older version of The Magic Tree house. I definitely think fans of that series will adore the historical aspect of this book along with all the zombies sprinkled in. It's definitely worth a shot. (pew pew pew)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Reckoning.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stan (new)

Stan Slaughter The "perfect book" - yet you only rated it at 2 stars ?

Greta is Erikasbuddy Because I'm not a tween. But I think Tweens would rate it higher. The way I rate things is whether or not I enjoy it. I'm sure there is a big audience for this book. I just wasn't it.