Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews's Reviews > Cat Scratch Fever

bookshelves: paranormal-shifter
Read in April, 2012

3 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Manu decides to go the way of the old traditions and offers a mate price for Azizi, but it doesn’t turn out quite the way he had hoped. Azizi is hoping to find Manu again, but his plans are interrupted when his father turns up. The next thing Azizi knows he is waking up in a strange room with Manu. Both Manu and Azizi struggle with the changes and Azizi ends up in more danger than any of them thought.

This story is more serious than the previous two books with much more hatred between the species. It also continues with the rogue hunter theme and also betrayal from an ally. Azizi faces a lot in this book, from finding out about the paranormals, finding out the true nature of his father, his father’s betrayal, his friend’s actions and being tortured. How he kept his nice nature I really don’t know. Manu struggles with having a mate that is a human who has no clue whatsoever about how he is supposed to act, but he doesn’t make it any easier when he doesn’t exactly explain anything.

Azizi is a lovely man who ends up being hurt by a friend and betrayed by his father. Azizi is one of those humans that you would love to know and keep close always just because of his innate goodness and his forgiving nature. Manu seems to be very much the traditionalist, but he does soften up eventually with the understanding of different backgrounds. We also see Seth, Rowan, Luca, Gregory and Daniel in this one. all are woven well into the story and Seth isn’t very nice in this oneL.

There were a few niggles that bothered me and it was mainly to do with Azizi’s reactions, because at first I thought he knew about vampires because he didn’t turn a blind eye over what Manu was telling him about soul-mates and anamchara etc. But, it was more of a deduction that he came to and he didn’t have a clue as to what it actually meant. Then it was about the shifters, because he had a conversation about Rowan’s old alpha. But, then later he was really shocked that Rowan and Seth were shifters. It just threw me a bit.

I will recommend this to those who love shifters, vampires, hot sex, soul-mates, danger, betrayal, misunderstandings because of different cultures and a happy ending.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cat Scratch Fever.