Ravina Andrea Kurian's Reviews > Shadow on the Wall

Shadow on the Wall by Pavarti K. Tyler

May 11, 12

Read in May, 2012

I've never read any of Pavarti's work before but as we communicated about her book tour I was expecting nothing short of spectacular. As an author, she strikes you as professional, approachable and well organised.

Then you read her book, and she completely blows you away.

She describes Recai as a "vehicle of change" but one cannot help but wonder about the undercurrents that this novels brings forth. Deep down, do we all feel emotions like Recai? Do we each have this raging inner desire to strip ourselves of our fears and oppressions and rise against the world? In a way, are these the same undercurrents that are capable of projecting issues such as the Middle Eastern uprising?

Yes, it is a fiction novel but it taps into your imagination and you cannot help but wonder... This isn't a book you can curl up with as you go to bed and dream of happily ever afters, it is the kind of book that will make you think. It is the kind of book that will leave its mark in history, one way or another.

In a nutshell, the story is centred on good versus evil and the delusion we create that these two things are as clear as black and white. They are not. This book will tell you that. Pavarti's descriptive scenes will show you. And life will teach you that.

Overall assessment:
Story: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Editing: 5/5
Pacing: 4.5/5
Offensive content?: Yes, (violence, swearing etc.) Not at all recommended for children. I would give it a PG15.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author through Orangeberry Book Tours. I did not receive any payment in exchange for this review nor was I obligated to write a positive one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow on the Wall.