Kitty's Reviews > Enshadowed

Feb 01, 2016

it was ok
bookshelves: ya
Read from May 11 to 12, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enshadowed.

05/11/2012 page 108
19.0% "Only the need to pay my rent can force me, with gritted teeth, to turn out the light and go to bed so I can get up at 7 tomorrow (today?) and go to work. SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK. But work is for the sheltered and fed. :("
02/01/2016 marked as: read
show 2 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-12)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Rebecca I am so freaking jealous of you right now. :|

Kitty Rebecca wrote: "I am so freaking jealous of you right now. :|"

Soon the wait will be over! It will be worth it, trust me.

Rebecca I trust you. And after reading your review I can't wait for it to come out even more. But I'm a little apprehensive because I want her to find Varen so much! Is any progress made to that end?

Kitty Rebecca wrote: "But I'm a little apprehensive because I want her to find Varen so much! Is any progress made to that end?"

NnnYeeeeeees.

But the problem with using the word 'find' is that it implies a loss, not only on behalf of the seeker but also the object of the search. Which again brings me back to looking glasses, and how you can look both ways out of them sometimes. Things really aren't that linear or one sided in this, but if you want a meeting you'll get it.

Rebecca Ok that's exactly what I was looking for :)

Thanks! Really looking forward to it now.

Abdulmajeed how exactly did u recieve a copy,may i ask? are u some kind of publisher, reviewer or do u just know the author ?

Kitty Abdulmajeed wrote: "how exactly did u recieve a copy,may i ask? are u some kind of publisher, reviewer or do u just know the author ?"

Hey, good question! I work at a small, independent book store where I do a lot of the book talks in addition to even more book selling. In order to help our staff match the right customer with the right book we get lots of things called ARCs - that's Advance Reader Copy - which are uncorrected proofs that come out anywhere from 3 to 6 months before the actual release date. I just happened to be the first one to check the pile one morning and saw this, hence why I'm reviewing it now.

Abdulmajeed teacup_carousel wrote:
Hey, good question! I work at a small, independent book store..."

woah....and here i am doing a degree in engineering....and for what!!! You've already booked one of the best jobs in the world =P ....cant imagine wishing for anything more....=D

WHY....WHY....WHY!!!!! AARGH!!!! =)

Rebecca Abdulmajeed wrote: "teacup_carousel wrote:
Hey, good question! I work at a small, independent book store..."

Yeah, why on earth am I getting my masters degree in library studies when I could be doing what you're doing! Jealous! That really sounds like a dream job.

Abdulmajeed Rebecca wrote: "Abdulmajeed wrote: "teacup_carousel wrote:

Far too overrated! Passion is everything and frankly, in my eyes, you're sitting on a gold mine =)

it was lovely talking to you....until later =)

that being said....there should always be a "later"....who says u only get to meet someone from across the world just once....life gets too dreadful to run on such checks....so here's a toast to a tomorrow =)

Teresa Mary Rose I adored Nevermore and I cannot wait to get my hands on Enshadowed! But I always worry that the second book won't live up to the high expectations I always manage to come up with. So my question is, did Enshadowed meet your expectations?

Kitty Teresa wrote: " But I always worry that the second book won't live up to the high expectations I always manage to come up with. So my question is, did Enshadowed meet your expectations?.

I'm not really certain on how to answer this since I'm not sure how our expectations will match up. I enjoyed it immensely since I really love Izzy as a character and I enjoyed spending the extra time with her, ditto for Pinfeathers who gets a pretty big part in the book. So yes, I really loved it.

Was the book EXACTLY what I was hoping for when I was thinking about book two? Well, no. I was hoping I would get more of a romance in this book and it just doesn't happen in a straight forward fashion like that (see review above). But just because I didn't get the thing I was anticipating that doesn't mean that a. I didn't like it and b. it wasn't any good because neither are true. My advise to you it to go into this willing to accept that it is not the same book that Nevermore was all over again, and that it really is a part of a bigger whole - Enshadowed isn't a self contained novel. It's very dependent on the world building that went on before it and it's definitely going to be deeply connected to the book that comes after it.

The good news is that you only have a few more months to go before you can make this call for yourself!