Amanda The Book Slayer's Reviews > The Kingdom

The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens

May 11, 12

bookshelves: mystery, ghosts, witches-warlocks, 2012-challenge-books-read
Read on May 11, 2012

3.5 Stars. I did like this book but I just didn't connect with it like the last book. I know I read it fast but that was mainly due to
1. waiting / hoping Devlin would make an appearance
2. trying to find some closure or a good spot to stop without having nightmares.

It does seem funny but I am a wimp when it comes to horror and murder mysteries.

The book

This book is all about Amelia and learning her history. See gets commissioned to restore Asher Cemetery but was really hired to restore more than that. Amelia is also left to solve a murder that is closer to home than she can ever image.
My one big star reducer goes by the name Thane. This man replaced Devlin in this book. I figure he is going to be important in books down the road but I just didn't connect with him. I spent most of his scenes wondering if Devlin would show up. There were hints at a connection between the two men, Emerson College. But Devlin never showed and the story completed itself, for the met part.
I would suggest reading this book to understand Amelia's background but be warned there is no Devlin.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kingdom.

05/10/2012 page 106
28.0% "Is Devlin not in this one? If not well that just sucks. Thane is just not working for me. I have to say it. What is with all the tragic deaths being from car accidents? First Devlin's family and now Thane girlfriend. I see a pattern. Hum."
05/11/2012 page 314