Danyelle's Reviews > Scar Tissue

Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis

F_50x66
May 10, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scar Tissue.

Quotes Danyelle Liked

Anthony Kiedis
“Give her the continent and she wanted the hemisphere.”

Anthony Kiedis
“I've wanted to feel pleasure to the point of insanity. They call it getting high, because it's wanting to know that higher level, that godlike level. You want to touch the heavens, you want to feel glory and euphoria, but the trick is it takes work. You can't buy it, you can't get it on a street corner, you can't steal it or inject it or shove it up your ass, you have to earn it.”

Anthony Kiedis
“It started when we were little kids.
Free spirits, but already
tormented by our own hands
given to us by our parents.
We got together and wrote on desks
and slept in laundry rooms near snowy mountains
and slipped through whatever
cracks we could find,
minds altered, we didn't falter
in portraving hysterical and
tragic characters in a smog
filled universe.
we loved the dirty city
and the journeys away from it.
We had not yet been or seen our friends, selves,
chase tails round and round in downward spirals,
leaving trail of irretrievable,
vital life juice behind.
Still, the
brothersbloodcomradespartnerfamilycuzz
was impenetrable
and we lived inside it
laughing with no clothes, and
everything experimental 'till
death was upon us.
In our face, mortality.”

Anthony Kiedis
“The good news is that by the second year, those cravings were about as half as frequent, and by the third year, half as much again. I'm still a little bent, a little crooked, but all things crooked, I can't complain. After all those years of all kinds of abuse and crashing into trees at eighty miles an hour and jumping off buildings and living through overdoses and liver disease, I feel better now than I did ten years ago. I might have some scar tissue, but that's alright, I'm still making progress. ”

Anthony Kiedis
“Just the kind of girl I liked—the weirdo in the bunch.”

Anthony Kiedis
“Every true artist is at war with the world.”

Anthony Kiedis
“We took off our clothes, and we were basically in a sphere of love and light and warmth, and the rest of the world disappeared. It was better than I ever could have dreamed, it was that thing I had been looking for, that love mixed with the rapture of sex.”
tags: love, sex

Anthony Kiedis
“Once you've seen a solution to the disease that's tearing you apart, relapsing is never fun.”

Anthony Kiedis
“Every time you empty your vessel of that energy, fresh new energy comes flooding in.”

Anthony Kiedis
“I stopped hating and started just being. My whole life, I had been the most defensive person you'd meet, unable to tolerate any criticism. But now I started listening and being.”

Anthony Kiedis
“It's weird, I was such a survivor and so wanted to be a part of life while I was trying to snuff out the life that was inside of me. I had this duality of trying to kill myself with drugs, then eating really good food and exercising and going swimming and trying to be a part of life. I was always going back and forth on some level.”

Anthony Kiedis
“When I looked into her eyes, I saw an invisible spirit of something that I already loved.”

Anthony Kiedis
“When you start putting pen to paper, you see a side of your personal truth that doesn't otherwise reveal itself in conversation or thought.”

Anthony Kiedis
“My work was done, so it was time to start digging my grave again.”

Anthony Kiedis
“She wasn't about to go down that road herself, which was a testament to her spiritual awakening and her commitment to sanity. It was a real blessing that she didn't follow me, because oftentimes, people go out together and one comes back and the other doesn't. Or both of them never do.”

Anthony Kiedis
“She was probably the girl I loved the most of all my girlfriends, but also the toughest one to make things work out with. If I had put that much effort into any of my other relationships, I'd be married with five kids now.”

Anthony Kiedis
“I was starting to come to grips with the fact that I had created a lot of pain and suffering around me, not just within me.”

Anthony Kiedis
“I was like a clock that had exploded- my springs were hanging out, my hands were cockeyed, and my numbers were falling off.”