Clint's Reviews > Neverwhere: The Author's Preferred Text

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Jun 27, 12

Read from May 10 to June 27, 2012

This is my first experience by Gaiman and I sure did like this book. I think that it was even better listening to the author reading his own masterpiece. I do recommend that everyone listen to the audiobook and you will not regret it.

I like it that Gaiman put a normal man Richard Mayhew stuck in the middle of his magical world(London Below) and he was thrust ed in this world after a meeting a bloodied girl, Door on the street. I think that there are few people that cannot relate throughout this journey of London Below. Gaiman did a great job putting the reading in the shoes of Richard, because the reader was thinking what Richard is thinking at that moment. I am thinking WOW this was his first novel.

I am glad that I read this book; I have been a fan of the dark arts for quite a while. I love this gothic style of writing it was a painting f charters throughout wanting me to get some more.

After reading this piece if work, I think that I am going to be reading some more Gaiman. After reading this book, I wonder if there is a London Below in other towns and cities or maybe your town. Well..it is a thought.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neverwhere.