Brianne's Reviews > The Real Me

The Real Me by Ann Herrick

May 10, 2012

Read in March, 2012

The Real Me is about a teenager named Mattie, who is just trying to fit in. When her new doctor tells her that she needs to loose twenty pounds and being tired of getting teased about her weight. Mattie decides its time for a change.

After loving Ann Herricks' The Farewell Season, I was completely honored to be given the chance to read and review The Real Me. Ann has quickly become one of my new favorite authors. I absolutely love her writing style. I loved the realistic characters and the fact that the moment I start reading her novels, I just can't put them down. The Real Me has a great message and makes you think about how everyone has insecurities, no matter what they look like or how popular they are. I've had weight issues my whole life and it took me quite some time to be comfortable in my own skin. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

The Real Me was a refreshingly wonderful contemporary read, that I highly recommend.

Special Thanks to Ann Herrick for providing a kindle edition copy in exchange for an honest review!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Real Me.