Bridget's Reviews > The Well of Lost Plots

May 10, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-reads
Read in May, 2012

Well, Thursday Next is at it again. Trying to lay low until her baby is born, and trying to figure out how to get her husband back from being eradicated, she is sent by the Jurisfiction office to the Well of Lost Plots - where unpublished books and characters live.

She has made arrangements to live in a plot of a not-that-great-book and keep the story going for as long as she is there. But as usual, things get complicated when she finds out a secret about a new product that will supposedly improve and revolutionize the reading experience for "Outlanders" - real people who do not exist only as characters in books.

This installment was just as amusing and fun to read as the previous two in the series. Some old characters are still around, while other new ones are introduced. I keep thinking that Jasper Fforde must have an incredible imagination to create these other universes that seem truly real. I am generally not fond of alternate universes, or fantasy, or science fiction but these books are ones that I truly enjoy. It might be due to the literary references, but mostly it is because the writing is so good.

If you haven't met Thursday Next yet, I think you really should.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Well of Lost Plots.