Mindy's Reviews > Blood Rites

7190668
May 10, 2012

bookshelves: dream-reader-dreamer2229-blo
Read in May, 2012

In “Blood Rites,” Jacqueline and Jen, one of her best friends, are injured on the way to Jacque’s blood rite ceremony. Jen meets Decebel, who would make eggs boil in their carton in the fridge. Yep, he’s smokin’ hot. And their relationship take two books to even get to making sense. Although if they had asked anyone who had eyes, they could have saved themselves a whole lot of heartache. Oh and Jacque meets her dad… things could go better.
I was glued to the pages. I literally read all three in about 5 hours. That’s how quickly I got pulled into the stories. Yes, I read really fast, but still. The books are totally appropriate for YA, I would even let my 16 year old daughter read them. The snarky humor cracked me up and the sizzle is totally PG at the most… although it makes the most of the PG.
I have to admit I would love to meet these guys in person. Yes, I’m old (at least that’s what my kids say) and happily married, but yummy ;D. I have to say I think I like Decebel the best. I have a warm spot in my heart for the bad guy with the heart of gold.
My only complaint… and it’s a big one…. was the HUGE cliffhanger ending. Ack! Why?? And who is this new person who suddenly shows up? All I can say is the next book better be out soon.
I think I have a new author to add to my list of favorites and must read anything written by… I give this series as a whole 5 out of 5 clouds. Book 2 gets 4.5 out of 5 clouds because it is the only one I really felt couldn’t be read as a stand-alone.
Mindy Wall
Dreamer2229
Books, Books, and More Books
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Rites.